6-layer grilled banana split
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 7 minutes
ready in: 17 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1½ cups each
- 4 ripe bananas, with peel, halved and split lengthwise
- 3 cups fat-free frozen yogurt, any flavor
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 Tablespoons crushed pretzels
- 6 cherries, pitted and chopped
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F– 350°F). Place bananas cut-side down on grill. Grill 2– 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn bananas (peel-side down); grill 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; remove peels and slice.
- Evenly distribute banana pieces in the bottom of each of 6 individual bowls. Top with frozen yogurt and peanut butter chips. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top with crushed pretzels and chopped cherries, and serve.
per serving: 230 calories, 2.5g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 27g sugars, 6g protein