adobo style chicken with corn relish
prep time 15 minutes cook time: 35 minutes ready in: 50 minutes makes 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 2 lb. chicken thighs or drumsticks, bone in
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups fresh corn or 14.5 oz. can no salt added corn, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered>
- 1/2 chipotle pepper with adobo sauce (more to taste)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- To prepare spice rub, combine garlic powder, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon ground cumin in a small plastic bag. Shake to combine ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a baking sheet with cooking oil. Separate skin from chicken thighs, but do not remove. Rub spice mixture into meat. Place skin back over chicken and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare corn relish. Combine olive oil, vinegar, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin, garlic and ½ teaspoon onion powder and whisk to combine. Next, add drained corn, tomatoes, and chipotle pepper to the bowl and toss. When chicken thighs are done, remove skin and serve with corn relish.