apricot-sauced grilled pork chops
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 8 oz. undrained, canned apricot halves
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ lb. center cut loin chops (bone in)
Per Serving: 240 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 21g protein
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, except port chops, and blend until smooth.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with the sauce and place on grill rack or broiler pan and cook 4–5 minutes or until browned on one side.
- Brush with more sauce, turn and cook 5–6 minutes more, or until both sides are browned and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow pork to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Discard left-over sauce and serve with a side of rice and steamed broccoli.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.