asian salmon fillets
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 lb. salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 Tablespoon red curry sauce or chili sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Pat salmon dry with clean paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear salmon for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Reduce heat and continue to cook until salmon is opaque around edges and firm.
- Remove salmon to a warm platter, cover and place in 200˚F oven.
- Increase skillet heat to medium-high. Add onions to hot pan and cook until onions are soft. Stir in curry sauce, orange juice and sugar. Simmer liquid until slightly reduced.
- Return salmon to pan and ladle sauce over salmon, coating all surfaces. Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice.