asparagus with macadamia nuts
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Ready in: 30 minutes Makes 6 servings, 3 oz. each
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons coarsely chopped raw macadamia nuts
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and dry the asparagus spears and then place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the asparagus spears and sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15–20 minutes.
- In a dry skillet, toast the macadamia nuts over medium heat until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a serving plate, drizzle with any juices from roasting pan and top with macadamia nuts. Serve warm.
*Make sure all ingredients are labeled Kosher for Passover
Per Serving: 70 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 2g protein