avocado & grapefruit salad with chicken and jicama
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast tenders
- 4 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 of a medium jicama, peeled and sliced
- 2 small pink grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 1 small avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a very large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet. Keep warm.
- Divide spinach among six salad plates. Top the spinach with jicama, grapefruit, and avocado.
- Top each salad with warm chicken breast tenders.
- Combine the wine vinegar and 4 teaspoons canola oil in a small bowl. Drizzle on top of each salad. Sprinkle with ground black pepper to taste.
per serving: 290 calories, 13g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 7g sugars, 25g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.