avocado-stuffed cherry tomatoes
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 5 pieces each
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup corn, canned, fresh or frozen (steamed for 3 minutes, then drain)
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 shakes tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut a bit off the top of each cherry tomato. Use a finger to wipe out the seeds and discard them.
- Place the corn on a cookie sheet or any flat pan and bake for a few minutes until it is a bit dried.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl.
- Add the corn to the avocado. Add the lime juice, tabasco, salt, and chili powder to the avocado and mix well.
- Fill the tomatoes with the avocado mixture. Sprinkle with chili powder.
Per serving: 110 calories, 8g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 2g protein