bacon & cheese stuffed chicken breast
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 ¼ lb), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz)
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 oz.) Ragu® Robusto!® Pasta Sauce*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz. linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Evenly top each chicken breast half with cheese and bacon. Roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown chicken, turning occasionally. Stir in Pasta Sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, arrange chicken and sauce over hot linguine. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil or parsley.
per serving: 780 calories, 28g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 165mg cholesterol, 2100mg sodium, 71g carbohydrates, 6g dietary fiber, 16g sugar, 59g protein