baja chops with pineapple salsa
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Baja citrus dry marinade mix (from a 1 oz. pkg.), divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). Rub both sides of chops with 2 tablespoons of the marinade mix; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the salsa, in a small bowl combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, brown sugar, lime juice, lime zest and remaining 1 teaspoon marinade mix; set aside until serving time.
- Grill chops, covered, 5–7 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F. Transfer chops to a serving platter, top with salsa, and serve.
Per serving: 260 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 7g sugars, 35g protein
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free