baked ham with tropical fruit glaze
prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 2 hours 45 minutes ready in: 3 hours, 5 minutes makes: 12 servings, 3 oz. each
- 1 4-5 pound fully cooked smoked ham, bone-in or boneless
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced into 1-inch cubes
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim any tough rind and fat from ham, leaving 1/4 inch-thick layer of fat, and transfer to a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl combine the pineapple juice and brown sugar, stirring to combine.
- Scatter the pineapple and mangos around the pan and pour the pineapple juice and brown sugar mixture over the ham.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and increase the oven temperature to 400°F. Continue to bake, occasionally basting with pan juices, until ham is lightly browned and fruit is very tender, about 30–45 additional minutes.
- Transfer ham to carving board. Return roasting pan with juices, uncovered, to the oven to keep warm.
- Slice ham and arrange on a platter. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and surround the ham with fruit and serve with pan juices.