balsamic and tomato chicken
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 20 minutes ready in: 30 minutes makes: 4 servings, 11 oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano, partially drained
- 3 Tablespoon Simply Enjoy balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Pat chicken dry with clean paper towels. Cut chicken into 1-inch strips and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat: add chicken strips. Stir-fry until chicken is light brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add onions and continue to stir-fry 3–4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and onions are tender.
- Stir in partially drained tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Serve immediately over pasta.