beef and portabella pasta
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 6 oz. portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stems discarded
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2/3 cup dry red wine (or beef consommé can be substituted)
- 1 cup beef consommé
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta, dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Per Serving: 500 calories, 17g fat, 7g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 35g protein
- Cut mushrooms into 1/2" chunks, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef. Remove from pan and set aside. Drain fat, except 1 teaspoon and add mushrooms, garlic, and red pepper to skillet. Cook over low heat until vegetables are soft. Return beef to pan.
- Stir in wine, consommé, tomato paste, oregano and seasonings. Cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water until smooth. Stir into beef mixture and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and divide pasta among 4 shallow pasta bowls.
- Top pasta with beef/mushroom mixture and sprinkle cheese over beef.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.