black bean and corn wonton cups
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 36 servings, 1 piece each
- 36 wonton skins
- 2/3 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus 2 tablespoons
- Fresh cilantro stem, as garnish
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Gently fit one wonton skin into each of 36 small muffin cups, pressing against bottom and side. Be careful not to tear skins. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix remaining ingredients except for sour cream and cilantro sprigs.
- Just before serving, spoon bean mixture into wonton cups. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and garnish with sprigs.
per serving: 50 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 2mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein