bok choy stir fry
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 10 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 4 heads bok choy
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Rinse, dry and cut bok choy into bite-size pieces.
- Heat wok on low heat and add sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add soy sauce and bok choy. Cook for about 2 minutes longer or until root end of bok choy is tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
per serving: 70 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 4g protein