brie and blackberry-chocolate nib jam canapes
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 slice each
- 1 slice good quality white bread
- 2 teaspoons blackberry-chocolate nib jam (recipe follows)
- 4 fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- 2 oz. brie cheese, sliced thin and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 ½ Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons butter
- 1 pint blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon Hershey's Cacao Reserve Extra Dark Chocolate
blackberry-chocolate nib jam
- Toast bread. Cut out croutons using 1 ½ inch cookie cutter.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt butter in over medium heat. Once butter is melted, carefully add sugar and stir for 1 minute.
- Add blackberries; mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add orange juice; mix well. Cover and reduce to low. Stir occasionally and cook for 30 minutes or to desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once jam is cool, add Hershey's chocolate and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Hold on stove for final presentation.
- Final Canape Assembly: On top of each crisp crouton, place jam. Top each with 1 cut mint. Place a piece of brie on each. Finish with more jam.
per serving: 130 calories, 6g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 19g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 4g protein