broccoli with onions and cumin
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 9 minutes ready in: 19 minutes makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 lb. broccoli, trimmed into small spears
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Cook the onion and garlic over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except broccoli and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, boil the broccoli about 4 minutes until crispy and bright. Toss broccoli with onion mixture and serve immediately.