butternut squash stuffing
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 18 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed, butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon McCormick® Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 10 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes (reduced from classic recipe)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, chopped
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add the cubed squash and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add celery mixture, broth and pine nuts and toss gently until well mixed.
- Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
per serving: 140 calories, 9g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein