cashew chicken pitas
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1/2 pita each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 halves)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken bouillon or broth
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced canned water chestnuts
- 3 pita breads, cut in half crosswise
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cashews
- 2 tangerines, peeled, sectioned and cut into chunks
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 x 1/2-inch strips. Heat oil in a 10" skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring, 3–4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine cornstarch, chicken broth, soy sauce and mustard in a small bowl; stir into chicken in pan. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in ginger, snow peas and water chestnuts; cook until bubbly.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture into each pita bread half. Sprinkle with cashews. Top with tangerine chunks.
Per Serving: 250 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 22g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.