cherry and lime lemonade
prep time: 15 minutes + refrigeration time
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 2 hours
makes: 8 servings, 8 oz. each
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from about 1 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (juice from about 2 limes)
- 1 cup fresh cherries, stems removed and pitted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups water, divided
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely, about 5 minutes.
- While making simple syrup, cut lemon and limes in half and place in a large bowl with pitted cherries. Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to pound the fruit until juices are released. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds, pulp, and rind.
- Add the juice mixture and the simple syrup to a pitcher. Add remaining 7 ¼ cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice.
- Serve with ice, sliced lime and fresh cherries, if desired.