prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (6 oz.) bag mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup pitted and halved sweet cherries
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery stalks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat a large grill pan or nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in pan; cook 8 –10 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine salad greens, cherries, celery, green onions and pistachios. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Place salad on 4 plates. Top each salad with sliced chicken, and serve. Or try serving on top of crusty bread.
- Recipe note: As a shortcut, substitute 2 to 3 cups shredded chicken from a deli rotisserie chicken.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 285 calories, 11g fat, 1g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 10g sugars, 28g protein