- Coat a large grill pan or nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in pan; cook 8 –10 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine salad greens, cherries, celery, green onions and pistachios. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Place salad on 4 plates. Top each salad with sliced chicken, and serve. Or try serving on top of crusty bread.
- Recipe note: As a shortcut, substitute 2 to 3 cups shredded chicken from a deli rotisserie chicken.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 285 calories, 11g fat, 1g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 10g sugars, 28g protein