chicken a la king
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 ounces each
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons half-and-half
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven according to directions on biscuits. Bake biscuits in oven as directed on package.
- Cut chicken into small chunks. Brown in large skillet in 1 tablespoon oil, stirring frequently (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add frozen peas and carrots to skillet with chicken. Mix in soup and half and half. Simmer 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat, while biscuits bake.
- Serve chicken à la king over biscuit halves.
per serving: 350 calories, 15g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 29g protein