chicken thighs with leeks and carrots
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Makes 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 leeks, light parts sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 4 carrots, scraped and sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2½ cups low sodium chicken broth
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Add chicken to skillet and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes per side until browned.
- Add leeks and carrots and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tarragon and broth, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature of thighs reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken and vegetables, arrange on a platter and cover with foil.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes to reduce the volume. Spoon sauce over chicken or serve separately.
- Suggestion: Serve with cooked rice and a tossed salad.
- Make sure all ingredients are labeled as Kosher for Passover. If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.
Per serving: 320 calories, 14g fat, 4g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 8g sugars, 29g protein