chicken tortillas with guacamole spread
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 8 hours
ready in: 8 hours, 15 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 2 tortillas each
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper or chipotle chili powder
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine tomatoes, 1 teaspoon garlic, chili powder, black pepper, cumin and cayenne. Place the chicken on top. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken using two forks. Add tomato paste and stir to combine.
- To make guacamole, in a medium bowl, mash avocado with lime juice and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic.
- Spread each tortilla with guacamole, add shredded chicken, lettuce and tomato if desired, and roll up.
Nutrition information per serving: 330 calories, 10g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 6g sugars, 27g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.