chicken with lemons & asparagus
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen asparagus spears, sliced
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Gently pound chicken between sheets of wax paper to flatten.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper, dredge chicken in mixture.
- Heat butter and oil on medium high in a large, heavy skillet.
- Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and reduce heat.
- Combine broth and lemon juice and add to pan.
- Add lemon slices and sliced asparagus. Simmer until asparagus are barely tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through, about 5 minutes.
Suggestion: Serve with a side of rice.
Per Serving: 210 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 29g protein