chicken with spicy lime rub
prep time: 15 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 50 minutes
ready in: 2 hours, 5 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 3 oz. each
- 1 lime for juice and grated peel
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 whole scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lb. chicken leg quarters, divided
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Squeeze juice from lime and grate zest (green part only).
- Combine the lime juice and zest, olive oil, garlic, scallions, black pepper, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, and salt into a paste.
- Loosen the chicken skin gently with your fingers and spread the paste evenly over meat. Place chicken parts in a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag. Grill the chicken, skin side up, over indirect medium heat 40–50 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a cucumber salad and roasted potatoes
per serving: 160 calories, 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 17g protein