- Heat butter in a large stock pot and add onions and garlic until softened.
- Add corn and season with pepper. Stir until corn is softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer until corn is fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Soup may be strained if you desire a smoother consistency.
- Adjust thickness of soup with water as needed. Cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- To prepare lobster topping, in a large bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, red onions and bell peppers, mix well to combine. Stir in lobster meat and chives. Chill until ready to serve.
- Top soup with lobster mixture.
- * Substitute crab for the lobster meat
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with a side salad and sliced crusty bread. To make an appetizer: serve in small shot glasses or small bowls.
per serving: 240 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 10g sugars, 16g protein