citrus grilled pork chops
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 orange for zest and juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 4 pork loin chops (about 1 lb total)*
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Grate zest from the orange. Cut the orange in half and squeeze out the juice. Combine orange zest and juice with lemon juice, soy sauce, thyme, garlic and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil and honey. Pour mixture over chops and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and place them on the grill or on a broiler pan under the broiler. Cook for 5–6 minutes, turn over and baste chops with marinade and cook for another 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Allow to rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- *Boneless pork loin roast can be sliced into chops.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of rice and steamed broccoli.
Per Serving: 300 calories, 17g fat, 5g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 24g protein