classic egg salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green parts only
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and pepper.
- Stir dressing into egg mixture (depending on the desired consistency, use part or all of the dressing). Nutrition information is based on the full serving of dressing.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 120 calories, 8g fat, 2g saturated fat, 320mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 2g carbohydrates, 10g protein