creamy cucumber bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes Ready in: 15 minutes Makes 20 servings, 1 piece each
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large cucumber
- Ground black pepper
- Sundried tomato strips, blot off oil
- Fresh dill sprigs
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, chives, onion and garlic powder; set aside.
- Cut the cucumber diagonally into ¼ inch thick oval slices. Lightly press each cucumber slice in between a paper towel to remove excess water, which will make it easier for the cream cheese to stick to the surface.
- Put cream cheese mixture into a piping bag with a decorative tip and pipe onto each slice of cucumber.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and top with a few strips of sundried tomatoes and a fresh dill sprig.
Per Serving: 15 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 2mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 0g protein