creamy pesto potato salad
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 8 servings , 1/2 cup each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 lb small white or red-skinned new potatoes (about 1 inch in diameter), halved
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Blend 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, pine nuts, and garlic in a small food processor or blender until smooth.
- Place pesto in a small mixing bowl, add the sour cream and fold until smooth, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate pesto.
- Bring potatoes to a simmer in large pot of salted water and cook just until fork-tender. Remove potatoes from heat, carefully drain and rinse with cold running water until cool.
- Add drained potatoes to a large mixing bowl with the creamy pesto and Parmesan cheese. Gently fold potatoes to coat. Serve immediately.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 220 calories, 12g fat, 4g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 6g protein