crispy gnocchi with brussels sprouts and mushrooms
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 2 Tablespoons Smart Balance margarine
- 16 oz. frozen gnocchi (Italian potato dumplings)
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms, quartered (4 cups)
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced crosswise (3 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan, for garnish, optional
- toasted nuts for garnish, optional
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat Smart Balance in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen gnocchi, directly from the freeze, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning often until browned. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of oil into pan and add mushrooms. Cook 7 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and transfer to same bowl as gnocchi.
- Pour remaining oil into pan and add Brussels sprouts. Saute 5 to 7 minutes or until sprouts are crisp-tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Return mushrooms and gnocchi to pan and saute 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan or toasted nuts, if desired.
per serving: 220 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 8mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 8g protein