cumin roasted sweet potatoes
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes
makes 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 2 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with oil, cumin and pepper until the potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and drizzle the sweet potatoes with maple syrup. Use a spatula to turn potatoes and coat them evenly with the maple syrup.
- Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
per serving: 150 calories, 2g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 9g sugars, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.