currant glazed pork tenderloin
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 5 servings, 4 ounces each
- 1 ½ lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoon Stop & Shop vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 10 oz. currant jelly (or cherry or black cherry)
- 1/4 cup Stop & Shop red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Stop & Shop soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 Tablespoon Stop & Shop cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to 9" x 13" baking dish and place in oven.
- Add onion to skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Stir in jelly, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger. Mix cornstarch with water in small dish. Bring mixture in skillet to a boil; stir in cornstarch. Reduce heat and cook until mixture thickens.
- Glaze pork with sauce. Keep remaining sauce warm to serve with roast. Continue to bake roast for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 3 minutes before slicing.
per serving: 320 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 35g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 25g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.