curry yogurt chicken kebabs
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 kebabs each
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1½ Tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large mango*
- 6 skewers
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes. Cut the chicken into approximately 24 1-inch pieces. Combine the yogurt, curry and ginger in a bowl. Add the curry mixture to the chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, no more than 3 hours. While chicken is marinating, cut the red pepper and mango, if needed, into approximately 12 1-inch pieces.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°f. Skewer the kebabs in this order: chicken, pepper, chicken, mango, chicken, pepper, chicken, ending in mango. Spray cooking sheet with non-stick spray. Place kebabs on the cookie sheet and cook for 15–20 minutes or until the internal temperature of a large piece of chicken is 165°f.
Tip: *Canned precut mango may be used.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Basmati rice and Cucumber Mango Raita.
per serving: 150 calories, 2g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 27g protein