easy chicken cacciatore
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 8 hours
ready in: 8 hours 10 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 ounces each
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut in chunks
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning (garlic, oregano, basil)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. Nature's Promise® whole wheat pasta
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and seasoning in slow cooker.
- Add chicken.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
per serving: 410 calories, 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 57g carbohydrates, 8g dietary fiber, 39g protein