easy chicken and mushroom stroganoff
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 17 minutes
ready in: 27 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 4 (apx 1 lb total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons prepared coarse grained mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- In a large nonstick fry pan, melt butter over high heat. Place flour on a plate. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Place chicken in fry pan and cook about 5 minutes then flip to cook other side for 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion, mushrooms, and any remaining flour. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard. Pour mixture into fry pan and stir. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and parsley; simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot egg noodles.
per serving: 430 calories, 16g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 135mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 42g protein