easy herbed pork chops with vegetables
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 ounces each
- 1 lb boneless center cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 16 oz. fresh or frozen green beans
- Trim any visible fat from chops.
- Crush fennel seeds using a mortar and pestle, coffee grinder or the back of a wooden spoon. Combine fennel with rosemary and thyme.
- Spread crushed garlic over chops and sprinkle with herb mixture, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chops and cook about 5 minutes on each side until nicely browned and internal temperature reaches at least 145°F.
- Remove chops and add mushrooms to pan, sauté until nicely browned, remove and keep warm.
- Add green beans to pan, sauté until crisp-tender, remove and keep warm.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to pan, stir while cooking to dissolve brown bits. Serve chops with mushrooms and green beans and spoon some sauce over all.
per serving: 270 calories, 15g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 26g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.