everyday herb rice
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 45 minutes ready in: 1 hour makes: 4 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup wild rice or brown rice
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped scallion, green parts with some white
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, celery, parsley, garlic, turmeric and black pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and chicken broth, stir in the herb mixture and bring to a boil.
- Partially cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Fluff with a fork. Fold in the scallions and serve at once.