fresh peach cups
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 7 oz. each
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 medium fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). In a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the ginger at high speed until thick. Fold in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In a large bowl sprinkle peach halves with brown sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon ginger; toss to coat. Place peaches on grill rack or on a sheet of heavy-duty foil on grill. Grill, covered, 2 to 5 minutes per side or until tender. Remove from grill.
- Top peach halves with sour cream mixture, sprinkle with crushed gingersnaps, and serve.
Per serving: 290 calories, 11g fat, 6g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 29g sugars, 2g protein