garlic and olive bruschetta
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Makes 8 servings, 1 piece each
- 1 large head of garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. crusty batard loaf
- 2 Tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel away outer layers of garlic head, leaving individual cloves intact. Cut off 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top of each section, exposing the cloves. Place the garlic head in a small baking dish or ramekin. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, rubbing with fingers to coat well. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cloves are tender. Allow to cool until comfortable to handle.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves from their skins. Mash garlic with a fork, add 1 teaspoon oil and stir to make a paste.
- Preheat broiler. Slice bread diagonally into 8 slices and place on a baking sheet. Broil about 2 minutes on each side, just until lightly toasted.
- Spread garlic paste on each slice of bread, top with chopped olives and sprinkle with rosemary. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 100 calories, 2g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.