garlic turkey with roasted mixed vegetables
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 47 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 2 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 oz. each
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 lb. small red potatoes, quartered with skin on
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless turkey breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup small whole black olives, pitted
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Per Serving: 340 calories, 13g fat, 3g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 4g sugars, 34g protein
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, red potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of the minced garlic; season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat vegetables.
- Place on greased baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size mixing bowl, add the turkey, remaining 1 tablespoon of the minced garlic, and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss well to evenly coat the turkey with the garlic and oil; set aside.
- Once the potatoes and onions are slightly tender, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the black olives and tomatoes, gently stirring to combine vegetables and return to the oven and continue to roast.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and sauté for 8–12 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through.
- Toss the turkey and vegetables in a large bowl with the fresh thyme and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.