goat cheese bruschetta with grilled corn salsa
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 45 minutes
makes: 40 servings, 1 slice. each
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked, silk removed
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lb. fresh salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 oz.) baguette, 1/4-inch slices
- 8 oz. Goat Cheese, room temperature
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Soak corn in cold water for 15 minutes. Remove from water, dry and brush with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium high and lightly oil grates. Grill corn evenly on all sides, turning to avoid charring.
- Transfer to plate to cool. Once cooled, cut kernels from cob with sharp knife.
- Combine with fresh salsa in bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread baguette slices with Goat Cheese and arrange on cookie sheet in even layer.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 8–10 minutes until edges begin to toast.
- Remove from oven and top each slice with 2 tablespoons of either salsa.
- Place back in oven for additional 3–4 minutes until salsa is warm.
- Remove from oven and arrange on serving platter. Serve while warm.
per serving: 70 calories, 3g fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 3g protein