green beans with french herbs
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 10 minutes ready in: 25 minutes makes: 6 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dry marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a covered saucepan, steam beans until tender, about 5–10 minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and scallions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans and seasonings. Saute and stir until all are heated throughout.
- May be served hot or at room temperature.
- Note: You may substitute 1 teaspoon. Herbs de Provence for the herbs listed above.