grilled chicken cordon bleu with grilled asparagus
prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 20 minutes ready in: 40 minutes makes: 4 servings, 9 oz. each
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless (1 lb. total)
- 8 thin slices ham (about 6 oz.)
- 8 thin slices Swiss Cheese (about 6 oz.)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, washed & rough chopped
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, washed & ends trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, washed & cut into wedges
- Salt and Pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Prepare chicken breasts by trimming & pounding to an even thickness.
- Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let chicken rest for 15 – 20 minutes before placing on hot grill that has been lightly oiled.
- Grill chicken 5 - 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. After chicken is first turned to continue cooking, place 2 slices of ham on each breast to heat.
- Just before removing from grill place 2 slices of cheese over ham on each breast & close lid for 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Remove from grill & sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve while hot.