grilled chicken with sweet-tart salsa
prep time: 15 minutes + 1 hour marinating time
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4½ oz. each
- 4 (5–6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, juiced, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2–4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1–2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl combine half the lime juice with dried basil. Pour over chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine peaches, apple, allspice, cinnamon, honey and remaining lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Season chicken with pepper to taste. Place chicken on grill.
- Grill 7–10 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Transfer chicken to a large platter. Top with salsa, sprinkle with fresh basil (if desired), and serve.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 245 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 12g sugars, 36g protein