grilled corn and kale salad
prep time: 15 minutes + refrigeration time
cook time: 13 minutes
ready in: 28 minutes + refrigeration time
makes: 4 servings, 1¼ cups each
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F – 400°F). Brush corn evenly with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill corn, uncovered, 10 –15 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Remove from grill and let cool. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cob and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over kale; toss gently. Place kale in a grill basket or on a sheet of heavy-duty foil. Grill kale 3 –5 minutes, turning frequently until slightly wilted. Let cool.
- To the large bowl add kale, tomatoes, onion, basil, vinegar, lemon juice, remaining oil, and pepper to taste; toss gently to combine. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.
Per serving: 210 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 9g sugars, 6g protein