grilled horseradish potato salad
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 2 lbs. red and white new potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 Tablespoons grated fresh horseradish, divided
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). Bring 4 cups water to boiling in a large saucepan. Add potatoes; cook 5–7 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and cut into rounds 1/4-inch thick. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the horseradish.
- Grill potatoes 10 –15 minutes or until browned and tender, turning occasionally. Spread on a wire rack to cool slightly. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine vinegar, remaining 4 tablespoons oil, mustard, onion, remaining 1 tablespoon horseradish, lemon zest, parsley and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add to potatoes, stirring well. Serve warm or chilled.
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.
Per serving: 175 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein