grilled tomato bruschetta
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 1½ lb. tomatoes on the vine, cored and halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Toss tomatoes in olive oil. Arrange tomatoes on grill cut side down. Cover and grill for 5-10 minutes or until soft and charred.
- Remove tomatoes from grill and cut into chunks and return to large bowl. Add vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.
per serving: 70 calories, 4g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 1g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.