harvest pork roast
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 35 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 12 oz. each
- 1 (2–2½ lb.) boneless pork top loin roast
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cups apple cider or apple juice
- ¼ cup dried fruit bits
- 4 medium turnips, peeled, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 2 medium cooking apples, cored, each cut into 6 wedges
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Season to taste with pepper. Place in oven and roast 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the for glaze, combine cornstarch and nutmeg in a small saucepan; stir in cider. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove ½ cup of glaze for basting. Add fruit bits to remaining glaze in saucepan; set aside.
- Arrange turnips, carrots and apples around roast in pan. Brush about half the reserved glaze on roast, vegetables and apples. Roast 15 minutes; brush again with glaze and roast 15 to 30 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F.
- Remove pan from oven. Cover roast, vegetables and apples with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, bring glaze in saucepan to boiling.
- Slice roast, and serve with roasted vegetables and glaze.
Note: For gluten-free recipes, carefully read product labels when selecting ingredients.
Per serving: 365 calories, 13g fat, 4g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 24g sugars, 31g protein