herb cheesecake appetizer
prep time: 8 hours 20 minutes
cook time: 55 minutes
ready in: 9 hours 15 minutes
makes: 20 servings, 1 slice each
- 6 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream, spoon off liquid
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar (10.5 oz.) red pepper jelly
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- To prevent leakage, wrap foil around base and exterior of a 9 inch round spring form pan. Place a very large roasting pan with 1/2 inch of warm water on middle shelf in oven. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In food processor, combine cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream and Parmesan. Process until smooth.
- Add eggs, herbs, salt and pepper. Process until well combined and smooth. Pour mixture into springform pan.
- Place spring form pan in hot water in roasting pan. Bake 45–55 minutes or until top of cheesecake just begins to brown and center is set.
- Cool about 2 hours. Remove foil. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Remove outer ring of pan. Spread pepper jelly atop cheesecake and sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with crackers and fresh vegetables.
per serving: 110 calories, 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 6g protein